This blog will discuss how librarians can reach university students who never use our services. Marketing surveys have found that using the social web to for outreach to these students is having moderate success. We want to know which services, via the web are being utilized most successfully.
Tuesday, October 5, 2010
Voice Thread Project
Creating my Voice Thread was quite interesting to say the least. This application could be very useful to professors and niche groups to disccuss various topics. The Voice thread allows users to comment through text, telephone or directly into the program through microphone. It also allows users to upload an image to identify themselves which is good for those enrolled in online classes. This is the link for my Voice thread. It is Titled "The Fall Season." http://voicethread.com/share/1365600
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
21st Century Literacy
Information literacy is critically important today because we are surrounded by a growing ocean of information in new formats. Not all information is created equal: some is authoritative, current, reliable, but some is biased, out of date, misleading and false. The amount of information available is going to keep increasing. The types of technology used to access, manipulate, and create information will likewise expand.
I believe myself to be on the cutting edge of 21st Century Learning. In order to be information literate in the 21st Century, one must be adept in computer applications as well as media literacy . One must be able to engage all of the tools necessary to locate, evaluate and synthesize the great proponderance of information that is available on the web within seconds.
As an academic librarian, we are faced with siesmic changes in the organizational structure of libraries. I realize that for me to remain relevent in a socially networked academic world I must facilitate continuous motion in the ever developing trends of technology. To remain relevant, I cannot serve only those patrons who come to me in search of information , but I must reach into new spaces and deliver my services where my patrons are most likely to be.
I believe myself to be on the cutting edge of 21st Century Learning. In order to be information literate in the 21st Century, one must be adept in computer applications as well as media literacy . One must be able to engage all of the tools necessary to locate, evaluate and synthesize the great proponderance of information that is available on the web within seconds.
As an academic librarian, we are faced with siesmic changes in the organizational structure of libraries. I realize that for me to remain relevent in a socially networked academic world I must facilitate continuous motion in the ever developing trends of technology. To remain relevant, I cannot serve only those patrons who come to me in search of information , but I must reach into new spaces and deliver my services where my patrons are most likely to be.
No comments:
Post a Comment